Tuesday 21 February 2012

Parents.

I'd really like to find out if there's been some parenting course that all parents secretly attend behind our backs, that teach them how to get on our nerves and make us feel guilty all the time. Admit it. They're experts.

No point fighting with them, really. When they're yelling at you, and you think you've got some brilliant comeback, it suddenly comes out of your mouth like "ksqoiewrnzxcnhuirbvsskjfbgrsjn?" And then it kinda makes some sense to yourself, but they end up winning the argument anyways, even when they make less sense than we do.


I've noticed a trend in the way my parents scold me. It always starts when they're in a foul mood, and I just happen to say the wrong thing be in the same room. I HATE IT. 


THE CYCLE:
K, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. They start off with scolding us for coming home late.... yadayada. Then, it suddenly goes on to "No wonder you're failing chinese!"


What the heck, NO LINK. And then they'll start to use threats on us like "Want to be a road sweeper when you grow up is it?!" etc. 


And of course, all lectures wind up at 
"AND YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!" 
Yes, I know it's messy.
No, I don't expect you to clean it like you're my maid.
And, THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT YOU IN HERE. 
Then after they yell at us to clean our room, they'll go back to talking about how we don't spend enough time at home. And the cycle goes on and on and on.


It's like they're in a bad mood, so they just keep on screaming whatever comes to their mind. And it doesn't even make sense.


Don't even get me started on when they're picking us up. From school, or a friend's house or whatever. They either call us like 30 seconds before they reach and expect us to be at the pick-up point by then. OR, they call us 20 minutes before they reach and make us wait for them.

If we even made them wait in the car for 2 minutes, there would be 10 missed calls on our phones already.


Is it so hard to make one stupid u-turn? 


Driving parents are the worst. If they missed the turn or went the wrong way, their first instinct, is to blame whoever else is in the car. Come on. How many times has that happened to you? They rage, then suddenly turn the radio off cause they claim it's noisy and distracting. Or they're like "don't talk to me when I'm driving", "see lah, talk to you until i miss my turn".

And the worst part is that you're STUCK in there.

Yeah. Just thought I'd make this quick post before I go clean my room.





No comments:

Post a Comment