Friday 30 March 2012

Politics.

It's a game we all play. Whether we're 16 or we're 60.

Remember when things were so simple back when we were kids? There was never a need to plot, or scheme. No need for gossip, or revenge. It's so hard to know now, who you can trust and who you can't. Many people hide their true intentions and personalities from everyone else. And a lot of people would backstab, and manipulate others, just to get what they want.


Having been in an all girls school my whole life, I have experienced countless of cases like these. Where there's a small group of friends, around five to six, and they seem like the most closely knit group in the class. But then, you start to realize one by one, that they all secretly hate each other. And everyone knows it, except them themselves. It's such a joke.

I'm sure it's happened to all of us before. And of course it hurts. When you finally know the truth. Especially if it came from someone you really trusted. I still don't get it. If I did something that annoyed you, or hurt you, why not just come to me about it? Why talk about it behind my back? And if I really get under your skin so much, why not just leave? Stop pretending to be my friend. No one wants someone to be nice to them, only because they were told to be.


And you know the part I hate the most? Watching them lie to my face when I already know what they think of me. What are you so scared of? Me finding out that you really don't like me? If I'm that bad a person, why are you still pretending that everything's all fine and dandy? And if you expect that I would do the same to you, you're wrong. I'd confront you in a second. I don't need anybody in my life who doesn't want to be there.



Contrary to popular belief, the truth is not overrated. I'd rather have someone tell me to my face what I've done wrong than to make me wonder what the hell I did. I don't wanna keep having to guess what offence I've committed this time. I don't wanna keep having to apologize only months after an incident happened, just because no one bothered to tell me about it. And I don't want to play this game. 


Anyone can be nice to you when you're popular. And have your back when you're up. But a real friend, is your friend when it's not convenient to be. When it's not easy to be. When everyone else walks out on you, they aren't ashamed to be there. Those are the people that have been there all along.


So, yes. I am starting to know who my true friends are. A warning to anyone who's actually reading this, fake friends can be more cruel than real enemies. No one wins here, y'know. If you're trying to prove what an amazing actor you are, then job well done. I applaud your performance. 


But if you actually give a damn about me, you'd be straight with me. It's almost everywhere I go now. Has it become such a necessity to play politics? To pretend to be nice to everyone just so we'll appear to be like angels? I guess it has. Sigh. Just one more skill I'll have to teach my future kids so they'll survive in this twisted world.

Careful, honey, before you step outside today. Keep your game face on, and don't forget how to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment